Sometimes it’s hard to know if you’re on the right track or not. I mean, let’s face it…some days you struggle to keep your head above water and wonder if anything you do even matters any more. It can be impossible to see the signs from the good old Universal Intelligence (UI) when you’re in the thick of the storm. So here’s 10 signs that you know you’re on the right track of achieving your goals!
- You strategize instead of sulking and hiding when trouble arises: Have you found yourself actually being strategic when a problem presents itself? Or are you ready to throw in the towel before you even begin? Part of this could be that you haven’t set yourself up with S.M.A.R.T. and realistic goals. Another part could be that what you’re fighting to accomplish really isn’t your heart’s desire. If you’re stuck in the latter of the two, I would take another look at your goals, and make sure they’re even what you actually want to achieve, or if they’re just not specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, or timely.
- You’re willing to step back, assess the situation, ask questions, and say that dreaded “no” if it’s not a part of the end goal: When you have a S.M.A.R.T. goal set up, a game plan, and a visible end goal, it’s quite easy to say “no” when they don’t line up with your final destination. Again, if you can step back, ask questions, look at the situation from all sides, then you know you’re on the right track. And if it doesn’t make you at least a little nervous, then it’s just not that important to you.
- When you talk about your goals, you light up like a kid on Christmas morning: Nothing’s more enjoyable than watching a little one open up their presents on Christmas morning with so much anticipation and excitement! Unless it’s an adult talking about their latest projects, work, or life goals. A good friend pointed out that even though I enjoy helping women leave toxic relationships behind for good, I light up when talking about the bully prevention summer camp for kids that I’m setting up because she said she knows that’s where my heart is. That also helped to get the fire going to keep both alive and fight for them both, but which needs to be prioritized at the moment.
- When you don’t let fear paralyze you, but rather push you to success: Like I said before, if it doesn’t scare you then it’s not important to you. We all have fear. The things that scare us most are the things that matter the most to us. Worrying if a friend is alive or dead when battling cancer. Not wanting to jump out of a plane because you value life and know you’re not that lucky to not have some sort of complications. Being uncomfortable about starting a business because you fear you might fail. I mean, these things were very important to me….my life and the life of loved ones. So it’s natural to have fear about the things that matter most to us. It’s what we choose to do with that fear that defines us. Do we let it overpower us? Or do we push through to do something amazing like start a bully prevention camp for kids and help save women’s lives for the better?…
- You can see hope, change, and the possibilities the future holds for you: It’s amazing how positive your outlook can become, even in the most negative of worlds, when you know you’re working on something that matters to you and are taking the proper steps to make your dreams a reality. That’s why if entrepreneurship was easy anyone really would do it. Or why you are a destined Storm Chaser, because not everyone was designed for greatness quite like you are.
- You stop letting other people define who you are: This one is a personal favorite of mine. Once I saw clearly what exactly I was destined to do, people’s opinions stopped mattering to me when it came to achieving my destiny path. I didn’t care about the people that try to convince me that I should just get bigger bullies to beat up the original bullies, which quite frankly just spreads the problem. I didn’t care that not everyone cared for how much I “shared on social media” or anywhere else. I have had 4 women already tell me that they actually appreciate my honesty and truth, and 3 of them are leaving/have left a toxic and abusive relationship. To me, that’s more important than being prolonged to finding a 2nd job. I may not be a doctor, or a fireman, or any other life-saving career path, but I am making this world a better place one person at a time. That’s what defines who I am and determines my success. Not the rest.
- You stop comparing yourself to others: We know we’re all unique, yet, it can be difficult not to compare yourself to others that seem to have the life you want to live. You can either sulk and play the “it’s not fair” game, or you can choose to admire those a few steps ahead and start taking notes to make your life a whole heck of a lot easier. Either way, no destiny path is the same. No journey is the same. That’s why no one can ever walk in anyone else’s shoes. They don’t fit. It’s about the time that you realize that there’s many Storm Chasers, but only one of you that you see the greatest success.
- You begin to see the difference between long-term and short-term: You know you’re on the right track when you can categorize your goals and your steps to achieve them into long-term and short-term goals.
- You know your worth: The day you figure out that your minimum bid is nothing less than a million dollars is the day that your goals become clear as day and something you have no problem worth fighting for. The feeling is exhilarating, and you will come to recognize that it crosses over into both your personal life and your professional life alike. You will be able to set healthy boundaries and hard limits that you’re not willing to sacrifice.
- You are able to let the past stay where it belongs…in the past: Depending on how hurtful tends to depend how soon you can let the past be just that, the past. However, once you can reach the freeing stage of forgiveness, you’ll find you can forgive across the board on a lot of things. You’ll find inner peace, and your heart and sole will fly like never before!
So if you ever wonder if you’re on the right track, if you’re experiencing any of the ten signs listed above then you’ve got this girl! If you are experiencing more than one then you know you’re “Feeling Good As Hell” as Lizzo says! And I couldn’t be more proud of you! But if you’re still on the struggle bus, then go to http://www.chasingstormi.com and book a call. Let’s get you to the full 10 signs today! What do you say?…